The Perfect Dictionary Resource for Understanding the English Language!
America’s largest, most comprehensive dictionary is reinvented for today’s librarian, teacher, and student. With up-to-date information, definitions, usage notes, a modern layout, and other exciting features, Merriam-Webster Unabridged is the most authoritative source of information on the English language.
• Extensive and trustworthy entries include more than 700,000 definitions, 502,000 words, 158,500 etymologies, and 123,500 quotations from well-known writers.
• An advanced search tool offers exclusive access to recently collected citations from the Merriam-Webster citation files.
• A variety of categories are represented, including Food & Beverage, Health & Medicine, Internet, Law, Music, and Science.
• “Ask the Editor” videos, a blog, Top 10 Lists, Word of the Day, vocabulary quizzes and Most Popular—the most frequently looked-up words on a daily and weekly basis—offer significant value beyond that of a dictionary.
• A Thing About Words: The Blog offers weekly insight and observations about language from Merriam-Webster’s editors.
Check out what others are saying about us...
“The #1 reference source for the Millennium”